Sunday, December 5, 2010

Revision Revision Revision

Revision: British for studying.

My new favorite place is the library. I seem to be physically unable to study in my room without getting distracted by my computer/everything, so I've been spending literally hours per day in the library. I've got favorite spots, but unless you get there early, don't bother because all of the individual study desks are going to be taken. For a uni of more than 20,000 students, you'd think they'd have more room to study in their library. I guess to be fair, they're redoing it a floor at a time, so the entire 3rd floor is under construction and unusable. But still, it's kinda ridiculous.

The exam schedule here is so different- there are two weeks worth of finals and since there isn't a universal class timetable, all the finals have to be carefully crafted not to overlap. My first final is Chem on Tuesday, followed by History next Tuesday, and Cell Bio the day after. My general revision plan is to go through all the notes from the lectures. Luckily, I started looking at the past exams and got a pleasant surprise. For chem, there were 5 sections and there's a question on the final about each of them. Not surprising, but you only have to answer 3 of them. That means you only have to study 3/5 of the course and you could still get 100%. How ridiculous is that? I'm still pretty nervous about the Modern Scottish History final- the lecturers for that course were awful and rambly and I don't feel like I retained the main ideas. One of the girls in the course is organizing a study group, which I hope helps. I guess I could always email my tutor as well for questions. I really wish we just had to write another essay or had to do a final project for history because I have absolutely no idea how to take a history final.

The other thing going on while I was studying away is that there were people doing construction on our bathroom to fix a leaking pipe. This means I didn't have a proper shower for a couple days, which was excruciating. And, it made our flat smell. But everything's good now.

I kinda had a day off today (I'll explain in the next post), so after the student mass tonight, I'm going to get down to it and head to the library when it opens tomorrow (7:30, uggghhh) to get my favorite spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment